Follow us on social media!

High Quality, Personalized Attention to Your Unique Case Treating You With Care, Compassion, and Respect

Frequently Asked Immigration Questions

Answers From Our Houston Immigration Attorneys

Q: What factors are considered in the immigration process?

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will take into account several different factors when considering an individual’s immigration petition.

These factors might include the following:

  • If the petitioner has an immediate relative, and the relative is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
  • If the petitioner has or will have a permanent job position while in the U.S., and that job is valid under one of the five eligibility requirements for occupations
  • If the petitioner will be making a significant investment that meets the minimum required
  • If the petitioner qualifies for refugee status—someone facing persecution in his or her home country due to gender, religion, race, political opinion, or affiliation in a certain group or organization

Q: What should I do if I must undergo deportation proceedings?

A: If you have been given a deportation order or notification of any kind, you will need strong deportation defense immediately. Before you attend any hearings, get in touch with a knowledgeable attorney who can develop a strong case in your favor. You will be asked questions in court to determine the result of your charges and bring forward any evidence or witnesses that may help your case. Without a lawyer who knows the ins and outs of immigration proceedings, you may find yourself in a difficult situation. Do not enter these kinds of situations blindly and alone.

Sebastian Simon Law Group, PLLC may be able to help you avoid being deported from the country, depending on the circumstances of your case. With an understanding and level of dedication, we can also work to find appropriate evidence to appeal your deportation decision should your application for relief from removal has already been denied.

Advocacy from Someone Who Has Been There

When it comes to immigration law, choose an attorney with personal experience of the immigration process. Our legal team is dedicated solely to immigration matters and is passionate about getting results for the client. We have had vast experiences handling a wide array of immigration cases, resulting in positive case outcomes.

Having assisted individuals from around the world, we have dealt with applications to U.S. Consulates and has presented appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals. At our firm, you can find the answers you need to many of your questions and find the peace of mind you need to move forward with immigration proceedings.

Do not hesitate to contact our Houston immigration office today!

Success Stories

"We helped a client get his case approved based on marriage (USC wife petitioned for Mexican husband). The case was initially denied when he applied on his own. USCIS thought they didn't have enough proof of cohabitation. In addition, there were discrepancies during the initial interview. USCIS was claiming marriage fraud. Attorney Sebastian Simon refiled everything, went to the interview and case got approved."

Read More Success Stories

Contact Sebastian Simon Law Group, PLLC

  1. Trusted & Highly Recommended Worldwide
  2. We Have Extensive & Dedicated Legal Experience
  3. Our Legal Services Are Available In English & Spanish
  4. Selected for the Avvo Client's Choice Award in 2014 & 2015
  5. Our Founding Attorney has First-Hand Immigration Experience
  6. Listed as one of Houston's Top Immigration Lawyers by H-Texas Magazine in 2016
We Can Help You Achieve Your American Dream
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.