Houston Green Card Attorneys
Seeking Legal Permanent Residency in Houston
If you want to live in the U.S. permanently, you must obtain a permanent residence visa through citizenship and immigration services. This type of immigrant visa is also known as a Green Card. When individuals stay in the U.S. for extended periods of time without having permanent residency, they can end up being deported.
Individuals can turn to Sebastian Simon Law Group, PLLC when they need help applying for a permanent resident card. Our firm's attorneys for green cards in Houston, TX are highly knowledgeable of how the U.S. green card process works. We know what you can do to increase your chances of being approved as a lawful permanent resident (LPR).
Contact our Houston law offices for help from a team of immigration advocates. We understand what challenges you face and how to get past those obstacles!
How to Obtain a Green Card in Texas
There are a number of ways that individuals can obtain Green Cards and become permanent residents, including:
- Family-Based Immigration-- Sponsorship by a qualified spouse, fiancée or family member who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Employment-Based Immigration-- Sponsorship by an employer in the U.S. whom you will be working for permanently. Can also be a self-petition based on your extraordinary ability or qualifications in your professional field. Alternatively, can be a petition based on your investment in a U.S. enterprise (particularly one that will lead to job growth)
- Asylum or Refugee Status-- A petition for permanent residency based on the protection you received in the U.S. for past and/or future persecution you faced in your country of origin
There are also many other ways that individuals can obtain permanent residence visas. Immigrants may qualify for a green card when they are battered spouses or children of U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Armed forces members meeting certain requirements and diplomates may also qualify.
Applying For a Green Card
Before obtaining all the benefits from a green card in the United States you have to go through the application process. Having a immigration lawyer in Houston can help ensure that you file and properly fill out the appropriate forms. We can help you avoid delays from common mistakes.
The following is a general overview of the application process:
- Find out if you are eligible, whether from family petition or any other eligible way.
- File Form I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence
- You will be contacted by the USCIS to review your application and schedule an interview.
- Wait for USCIS response, if approved green cards are valid for 10 years.
There are a number of things that can disqualify you from becoming a permanent resident. One common disqualifier is convictions for certain types of criminal charges. There are also many other technicalities that could impact whether or not your permanent residency application is successful.
An attorney can help you determine whether or not you qualify to apply for a Green Card. If not, there may be certain waivers that you can apply for to override these restrictions. Our Houston lawyers are trained legal professionals with in-depth knowledge of immigration law. Attorney Simon has also undergone the immigrant experience firsthand.
I would definitely recommend this law firm to anyone applying to get their green card.- Mariana Solis Lujambio
Simon Law Group was exactly what I was looking for!- Suzy Porter
We had a great experience.- Adrianna R.
I can't say enough wonderful things about Simon Law Group!- Ivette Medez