Houston Green Card Attorney In Houston, TX
Seeking Legal Permanent Residency in Houston
If you want to live in the U.S. permanently, you must obtain a permanent residence visa through citizenship and immigration services. This type of immigrant visa is also known as a Green Card. When individuals stay in the U.S. for extended periods of time without having permanent residency, they can end up being deported.
Individuals can turn to Sebastian Simon Law Group, PLLC when they need help applying for a permanent resident card. Our firm's attorneys for green cards in Houston, TX are highly knowledgeable about how the U.S. green card process works. We know what you can do to increase your chances of being approved as a lawful permanent resident (LPR). Take a look at our client success stories and see why we are the most trusted group of green card attorneys throughout all of Houston, TX.
Contact our Houston law offices for help from a team of immigration advocates. We understand what challenges you face and how to get past those obstacles!
Green Card Eligibility in Texas
There are multiple eligibility categories for obtaining a green card. Each of these categories has its own specific requirements, application processes, and benefits.
Family-Based Green Card
This is a form of family-based Immigration, where your green card is sponsored by a qualified spouse, fiancée, qualified sibling, or another qualifying family member. This family member must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
You may also apply under a similar category if you are a widow or widower of a U.S. citizen. You can also apply as a VAWA self-petitioner if you are an abused spouse, child, or parent of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
Employment-Based Green Card
With employment-based immigration, you can be sponsored by an employer in the U.S. whom you will be working for permanently. This type of green card can also be a self-petition based on your extraordinary ability or qualifications in your professional field. Alternatively, can be a petition based on your investment in a U.S. enterprise (particularly one that will lead to job growth)
Green Card Through Asylum or Refugee StatusIf you have asylum or refugee status, you may petition for permanent residency. In order to petition for a green card as an asylee or refugee, you must have had that specific immigration status for at least one year.
Additional Green Card Eligibility Categories
Other green card eligibility categories exist for very specific immigration situations, including:
- T and U visas - For victims of human trafficking and crime, respectively
- Religious workers - For members of religious groups working for a nonprofit religious organization in the United States
- Special Immigrant Juvenile - For juvenile immigrants requiring protection from an abusive parent
- International Broadcaster - For immigrants working media jobs in the U.S. for USAGM
Armed forces members meeting certain requirements and diplomates may also qualify.
How Can A Green Card Attorney In Houston, TX Help You?
If your goal is to obtain a green card in Houston, TX, you won't want to go through the process without a legal expert by your side. A green card attorney will help you tremendously and will be there to guide and support you through each step of the way. From helping to ensure that your paperwork is filed correctly, to helping you prepare for your interview, there are many great benefits that come with hiring a professional to help.
A green card attorney will help you:
- File Paperwork: File paperwork correctly and ensure that everything is received by the right party at the right time
- Prevent Mistakes: Help to prevent you from making any mistakes that may cost you money or cause potential delays
- Prepare For Your Interview: Help you prepare for your interview, and give you some helpful tips for success
- Stand Firm Emotionally: Serve as a support system for you during this time
- Know Your Options: Provide you with objective legal advice to help you
- Protect Your Rights: Help to ensure that your rights are protected
- Add Credibility: Add credibility to your specific case
If you have any questions regarding the immigration process, please don't hesitate to contact our green card attorneys in Houston, TX. Our green card lawyers are legal experts who have helped many individuals obtain their green cards. Let us help make your dream a reality today.
Applying For a Green Card
Before obtaining all the benefits of a green card in the United States you have to go through the application process. Having an immigration lawyer in Houston can help ensure that you file and properly fill out the appropriate forms. We can help you avoid delays from common mistakes.
The following is a general overview of the application process:
- Find out if you are eligible, whether from a family petition or any other eligible way.
- File Form I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence
- You will be contacted by the USCIS to review your application and schedule an interview.
- Wait for USCIS's response, if approved green cards are valid for 10 years.
- Immigration Interview Tips
- $100,000 for a Green Card?
- For Gay Immigrants, Marriage Ruling Brings Relief and a Path to a Green Card
Contact our green card attorneys in Houston to schedule a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help you.
There are a number of things that can disqualify you from becoming a permanent resident. One common disqualifier is convictions for certain types of criminal charges. There are also many other technicalities that could impact whether or not your permanent residency application is successful.
An attorney can help you determine whether or not you qualify to apply for a Green Card. If not, there may be certain waivers that you can apply for to override these restrictions. Our Houston lawyers are trained legal professionals with in-depth knowledge of immigration law. Attorney Simon has also undergone the immigrant experience firsthand.
Simon Law Group was exactly what I was looking for!- Suzy Porter
We had a great experience.- Adrianna R.
I would definitely recommend this law firm to anyone applying to get their green card.- Mariana Solis Lujambio
I can't say enough wonderful things about Simon Law Group!- Ivette Medez