If you have an EB-5 visa or plan to petition for one in the future, you need to be aware of the new changes that might impact your visa application. EB-5 visa applicants can be given permanent residence status if they make a substantial investment in a U.S. commercial enterprise that creates at least 10 jobs for American workers.
If you file for an EB-5 visa before November 21, 2019, your application will be processed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) under the current guidelines. If you submit your petition after this date, your application will be subject to the following changes:
- The standard investment amount for EB-5 petitioners will increase from $1 million to $1.8 million.
- Investments in targeted employment areas (TEA) will increase from $500,000 to $900,000.
- Standards for designating TEAs will be revised by USCIS.
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will now have the authority to designate high-unemployment TEAs.
- Petitioners can retain their priority dates if they have a previous EB-5 petition that has been approved.
At Simon Law Group, PLLC, our team of dedicated lawyers is here to assist you with all matters related to U.S. immigration. We understand how complicated the immigration process can be, which is why we provide a wide range of top-notch legal services that can help you achieve your American Dream. We will stand by your side at each step of your case, and our lawyers will use our extensive resources to deliver the reliable representation you deserve.
To schedule your case review with our lawyers at Simon Law Group, PLLC, call (713) 839-0639 today to speak with a member of our legal team.